Starby Hotel processes personal data in accordance with the Data Protection Act.
Personal data controller
The controller of personal data is Starby Hotell AB (Corp. Reg. No. 556493-7463), Ödeshögsvägen 2 59240 Vadstena, Sweden, Tel: +46 (0) 143-75100
If you wish to obtain information about which of your personal data is processed by Starby Hotel, you can request it by writing to us at the address provided above. You can also contact us at the above address in the event you wish to correct inaccurate or misleading data.
Guests also have the right to file any complaints they may have regarding Starby Hotel’s processing of personal data with the Data Inspection Board.
When a guest orders or uses a service provided by Starby Hotel, we collect certain personal data about the guest. This information is data that guests submit to us via our website, by telephone or email, or that we receive through automatic transfer to our reservations system via book visit links. This information usually includes the guest’s name, address, phone number, email address and other contact information, as well as language preference and nationality.
We may also register other guest preferences details, such as preferred room type or pillow, as well as interests and patterns of service usage – gathered for example through social media – to the extent necessary to offer guests a better experience of the services offered by Starby Hotel as well as relevant offers, such as food or beverage offerings or a certain type of entertainment.
Guest consent thereby provides the basis for Starby Hotel’s personal data processing activities.
Guests can withdraw their consent at any time, thereby opting out of all future use of their data by the Starby Hotel (not possible retroactively) by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org, whereupon Starby Hotel will prevent such information from being further processed. Starby Hotel will follow the Data Inspection’s directive of responding within 30 days. Guests may also withdraw their consent with respect to the use of their personal information for marketing purposes by the hotel. Guests however should be aware that the withdrawal of consent does not affect the handling of data that may be processed without consent (for example, the provision of services ordered by the guest) but can lead to the services not working as intended, or that Starby Hotel can no longer provide them.
How we store our guests’ personal data
The Starby Hotel stores personal data in accordance with this policy and terms & conditions, and applicable laws.
Starby Hotel stores personal data in an Oracle Suit8 property management system on a server located at OneIT-Partner in Motala, Sweden.
Starby Hotel may transfer personal data to countries outside the EU/EEA, if, for example, we use subcontractors in a country outside the EU/EEA. To the extent that this occurs, it is the Starby Hotel’s responsibility to ensure that the relevant agreements on data transfer are established with such subcontractors.
Why we process personal information
The Starby Hotel uses personal information to:
- administer, provide, develop and maintain the services we offer.
- process guest reservations and service orders.
- contact guests, for example via text messaging, other mobile applications or email, to notify them on the status of their reservation or relay other information related to the reservation before, during or after their visit.
- diagnose errors, optimize the technology and be able to contact guests in the event of a problem with the reservation or the provision of a service that we offer.
- facilitate future booking of services.
- analyse and improve the quality of the services we offer and how they are experienced.
- inform guests about special offers and promotions from the Starby Hotel and our partners.
- send newsletters.
- personalise communication with guests regarding our services, for example, by creating profiles for guests and sending offers that suit the users of our services.
- analyse statistics and user behaviour related to our services.
- enhance customer value and their experience of the Starby Hotel’s services.
How long does Starby Hotel save personal data?
We save the personal data of our guests in our customer database. This database is purged regularly from outdated data or data that is no longer needed for us to fulfil our commitments to our guests. To offer guests a high level of service, and to communicate with guests about relevant offers and campaigns, we may, however, save personal data for up to two years from the guest’s latest stay with us.
Disclosure of personal information
The Starby Hotel may disclose personal data to third parties, such as the police or other public authorities, in the event of an investigation of a crime or if the Starby Hotel is otherwise required to disclose such information by law or official order.
The Starby Hotel may also disclose personal information to subcontractors retained by the Starby Hotel to provide and promote the hotel’s services. Such subcontractors process personal data on behalf of the Starby Hotel and according to Starby Hotel’s instructions only. Subcontractors are not entitled to use personal data for any other purposes other than performing functions on behalf of the hotel as contracted.
Current subcontractors who Starby Hotel shares personal data with:
The Rocket Science Group www.mailchimp.com helps Starby Hotel with delivering newsletters and special offers via email to guests.
When you visit our website, our servers temporarily store the following data in a log file, the so-called server log files.
• IP address of the computer sending a request
• Date and time of access/retrieval
• Name and URL of the retrieved data
• Operating system of your computer and the browser you are using
• Country from which our website is accessed
• Name of your Internet access provider
• The amount of data transferred in each case
• Our last visited website
• Browser settings
• Language and version of the browser software
• Activated browser plug-ins
The legal basis for the temporary storage of personal data and log files is the legitimate interest. The legitimate interest exists in order to
• deliver the contents of our website correctly
• optimize the content as well as the advertising of our website
• provide law enforcement authorities with the information necessary for law enforcement in case of a cyber attack
• collect statistical data
Such data are not stored together with other personal data. The data will be deleted as soon as they are no longer necessary to achieve the purpose for which they were collected. In the case of the collection of your personal data for the provision of the website, this is the case at the end of the respective session.
If Starby Hotel is merged with or acquired by another company, the personal data of our guests may be transferred as a part of that transaction.
Links to third party websites
Starby Hotel’s website may include links to third party applications and/or websites out of our control. The Starby Hotel has no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these websites and the processing of personal information that may be conducted by the owner or operator of the websites accessed through these links.
Vadstena, May 25/ 2018
Starby Hotel AB